BioSurface Peel is a professional chemical peel designed to resurface the skin with minimal recovery time. Our unique, multi-phase approach works with the skin’s biology to safely slough away dull epidermal layers and accelerate cell renewal without inflammation and prolonged downtime typically associated with chemical peels. Your Dermalogica skin therapist can help design a series of treatments to address your specific needs, whether you’re looking to address photoageing, fine lines and wrinkles, uneven skin tone or acne breakouts
The treatment you will receive is designed to exfoliate or remove dead skin cell on the outer (epidermal) layers of the skin. Depending on the treatment, you may experience some temporary burning, itching, stinging or warm flushing. This will fade within 5-10 minutes and your professional skin therapist will discuss and monitor these sensations. During the next few hours, you may experience some tightening of the skin, which may last for several days. For some clients, a light flaking may begin within 2-3 days after treatment. It is impossible to pre-determine how much peeling will occur. The shedding process usually subsides within 7-10 days. Your full participation during and after the treatment will determine the outcome. It is important that you strictly adhere to the homecare products and regimen that your professional skin therapist has recommended. The Bio surface peel may not be suitable for everyone and it will be left to the therapist expert advice as to whether or not the treatment can carried out. Before you receive each BioSurface Peel treatment you will be asked to confirm the below statements:
- I have not received a cosmetic or resurfacing skin procedure such as laser, light therapy, chemical peel or microdermabrasion within the past 2 weeks.
- I am not pregnant or lactating.
- I have not used any prescribed topical medications such as Benzoyl Peroxide, Salicylic Acid or Retin-A.
- I do not have any active cold sores.
- I have not received Botox or other injectable procedures within the past 6 weeks.
- I have not used Isotretinoin (also known as Accutane) in the past 6 months.
- I agree to apply sunscreen protection (minimum SPF30) daily.
- I agree to notify my professional skin therapist of concerns.
- I agree to follow the prescribed protocol.
- I agree to avoid direct sun for 2-3 weeks.
- I agree not to wax for 72 hours.
You will be asked to sign a Consent for Treatment and your therapist will verbalise and provide written Post-Treatment instructions. BioSurface Peel will not be offered to new clients prior without a full consultation. It may be necessary to carry out a specified homecare routine for the weeks leading up to your first treatment to ensure that your overall skin health is good, which will result in improved results and safer practice. Please contact our therapist if you have any questions.