Adults: 20 drops twice a day immediately after meals, in a little water.
Maintenance: 20 drops once a day, in a little water.
Children: This product is not recommended for children.
- Varicose veins
- Piles (haemorrhoids)
- Phlebitis (inflammation of veins)
The use of Aesculus in venous disorders has been recognised for a long time. It has been used as a treatment for various venous conditions since the 19th Century.
How it works:
The constituent of Aesculus which has been most studied is aescin. It has the ability to improve the tone of veins, reducing leakage into the surrounding tissue.
Often varicose veins are more troublesome in warmer weather and starting a course of Aesculus during the early summer can prevent the distressing symptoms emerging. For best results, I find that a three to four month course is advisable. Those suffering from varicose veins will also benefit from ensuring that constipation is not a factor.
- Best taken with food. Do not use alongside blood-thinning medicines such as low-dose aspirin or anticoagulants such as warfarin
- This is not intended to replace medical advice. You should consult a Doctor or Pharmacist if you have any condition that is of concern. It is also recommended that you consult a Healthcare Professional before taking herbal remedies if you are pregnant or breastfeeding or before giving herbal medicine to a child under two years old.
- If there is any doubt as to the nature of the problem please consult your Doctor for a diagnosis.
- Do not use when pregnant or breastfeeding unless under the supervision of a Healthcare Professional.
- Do not use for children under two years of age unless under the supervision of a Healthcare Professional.
- Do not exceed stated doses.
- Do not use alongside medication with the same action, e.g. a tranquillising herb alongside tranquillising medication.
- Do not take more than three herbal remedies concurrently
- Keep out of reach and sight of children.
- Store in a cool dry place.